Monday, February 16, 2009

Barack Obama and the Faroe Islands


This is just a quick update but I thought it was important as a Faroese American. Kaj Leo Johannesen the Prime Minister of the Faroe Islands had sent a congratulations to President Omama on his victory. And low and behold he responded back.

"THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONGRATULATIONS ON MY ELECTION AS PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. YOUR THOUGHTFUL MESSAGE IS MUCH APPRECIATED.

I AM CONFIDENT THAT WE CAN WORK TOGETHER IN A SPIRIT OF PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP TO BUILD A MORE SECURE WORLD DURING THE NEXT FOUR YEARS. I LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH YOU IN THAT EFFORT AND IN PROMOTING GOOD RELATIONS BETWEEN OUR PEOPLES.
"

I know this isn't much but I think that for a country the size of the Faroe Islands, to be acknowledged by the President of the United States is something that all Faroese people should be proud of.

Source: portal.fo

5 comments:

Elindomiel said...

Hello!

This blog looks really interesting! Actually, my friend Uni and I (I am American, he is Faroese) are writing a similar blog, also to raise awareness and interest in the Faroe Islands. You can find it here: http://roskur.blogspot.com/

We are updated it bilingually in English and Faroese! You should read it sometime! I think that we'll start following your blog, as well!

Roskur said...

Hey!

Hesin bloggurin sær sera áhugaverdur út! Faktiskt, so hava eg, og mín vinkona, Miranda (eg eri føroyingur, og hon er Amerikanari) gjørt ein líknandi blogg, eisini til at varpa meira ljós á, og virðismeta Føroyar. Tú finnur bloggin her: http://roskur.blogspot.com

Vit dagføra hann tvímæltan, bæði á føroyskum, og á enskum. Tú skuldi lisið hann onkuntíð! Eg haldi at vit eisini fara at lesa tín blogg ;)

Dlomen said...

cool

Unknown said...

bill clinton have been in faroe islands

Dr Purva Pius said...

My name is.Mrs.Anna Daniel. I live in Ukraine i am a happy woman today? i need to use this time to tell all people how i got my loan from this honest and God fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $84,000 please contact him. if you also need a loan without any problem he name is Dr Purva Pius email (urgentloan22@gmail.com) tell him that is Mrs.Anna Daniel that refer you to he contact Email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)